on November 14, 2019
This guide will take you step by step using Bluetooth to transfer files from your Mac to an Amazon Fire tablet.
- Touch the Settings icon on the Home screen of your Fire tablet.
- Select the menu item Connected devices .
- Touch the section Bluetooth .
- From here, switch the Bluetooth setting to ON
- Once enabled, it starts to detect nearby devices (if any).
- Switch to your Mac. Open System Settings by selecting the Apple button from the menu bar and then System Settings … from the list box. When open, look for and click on the Bluetooth icon .
- If Bluetooth is not already enabled, click the Turn on the Bluetooth button.
- In the list of devices, find the one named Fire Tablet and click the Connect button next to it.
- A message window will appear and contain a verification code.
- Switch back to your Fire tablet and there will be a message waiting for you that should include the same code. Click on the link PAIR .
- Please wait a moment and your Mac will appear in the PAIRED DEVICES list.
- Once again switch back to your Mac. Right-click anywhere in the field Fire Tablet and select
Send file to device. Note: do do not worry if your fire tablet status is Not Connected it is a bit misleading and should be ignored.
- Navigate to the file you want to copy to your Amazon Fire, select it, and then click the Send button.
- A status window pops up and lets you know that it is waiting for a response on the tablet. So …
- Switch back to the fire and press ACCEPT in Accept incoming file? window.
- The file will now be copied from your Mac to your Fire.
- When the transfer is complete, your fire will notify you.
- You can find your recently transferred file in the bluetooth folder on your device (you can access it via the Docs app).
- If you send files to your Amazon Fire quite often, you may want to make it a little easier for yourself and make Bluetooth available via the menu bar. Select the check box in Display Bluetooth in the menu bar found in the Bluetooth settings section in [System] Settings .
- Now when you want to send a file to your Amazon Fire you can just click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, select Fire Tablet from the list of Devices and then Send file to device …