ONLYOFFICE Document Server consists of web-based viewers and collaborators for text documents, spreadsheets and presentations for integration with various cloud storage services such as Nextcloud, ownCloud, Seafile, HumHub, Plone, etc., and for integration into the solution you build yourself. The suite is distributed under GNU AGPL v3.0 and has full compatibility with OOXML format (docx, xlsx, pptx).
The latest update provided lots of improvements:
- More options for listed and numbered lists;
- Reflects & clears margins and captions in the document editor;
- Custom sorting and cell clipping in spreadsheets;
- The Scale to Fit option to turn a spreadsheet into a printed page;
- Filling cells with colors, patterns and gradients;
- Performing operations with multiple spreadsheets in bulk;
- Recalculate formulas;
- Custom separators for thousands and decimals;
- Adding objects to the layout of the presentation image;
- Reset image.
Document Server can be installed as part of ONLYOFFICE Community Edition. It is a free open source solution with online editors and collaboration platform that includes doc management, projects, CRM, email, chat, calendar and more.
In this tutorial, we learn how to update ONLYOFFICE Document Server to the new version 5.5 separately from other components. If you are not new to ONLYOFFICE, get the latest version of the editors from GitHub.
Step 1: Turn off ONLYOFFICE Document Server
Disconnect document server users:
Step 2: Install dependencies
Check if the following dependencies are installed on your machine:  libcurl3
If not, install the missing manually.
Step 3: Install the new document server version
sudo apt-get update
Install the new version:
sudo apt- get dist-upgrade
That's it! Restart your portal and make sure everything is working properly.