Google has recently released some changes to the Gmail app, including the Meet video calling service. Meet has its own tab at the bottom of the app that can get in the way (especially if you do not use Meet). To remove the Meet tab from the iPhone Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone / iPad and select the “3 lines” button in the upper left corner of the app (see screenshot below).
- Select settings from the list of options.
- Select your account from the list in settings section.
- Find General and then switch Hit ON / OFF switch to OFF.
- Now that you’re using the Gmail app on your iPhone Hit the tab is not displayed.
Now that you know how to delete the Meet tab in Gmail, check out this short guide on how to schedule emails to be sent later with Gmail.