Whether you're vegan, lactose intolerant, or you want to try something new, this oat milk recipe is a great substitute for cow's milk.
[ Edit ] Ingredients
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
[ Edit ] Steps
- Place the oatmeal in a large bowl then add your water. Let the oatmeal sit for 30 minutes or leave it overnight. 
- Dump the oatmeal into a blender. Blend the oats on high for 1 minute. 
- Once done blending use a sieve to get rid of the left over pieces of oatmeal. Place the sieve over a large bowl and pour the oat milk slowly. Keep doing this until there is no more oatmeal left inside the milk. 
- Whisk in the vanilla extract, agave, and cinnamon. This step is optional but it adds flavor to the milk so it is not bland.
- Pour the oat milk into an empty container then store it in the fridge. 
- Done. Use the oat milk as regular milk. You can add it to your cereal, coffee, tea, and when you're baking. 
[ Edit ] Video
[ Edit ] Tips
- You can also add dates.
- If you want your milk thicker add less water. If you want your milk thinner add more water.
[ Edit ] Things You'll Need
- Large bowl
- Measuring cup  Sieve
[ Edit ] Related wikiHows
- Make Almond Milk
- Make Soy Milk
- Make Oatmeal
[ Edit ]  References