Mango lassi is known to be the perfect drink to serve with Indian food. The sweet taste of ripe mango is mixed with creamy yogurt and ice cream to create a refreshing, healthy drink that is easy to make at home. Customize your mango lassi by using your choice of dairy products, sweeteners and fruits.
- 2 to 3 ripe mangoes or 1 cup (250 g) mango pulp
- 1 cup (245 g) plain yogurt (fresh cheese)
- of milk
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) of granular sugar, or taste
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup (75 g) fresh or frozen strawberries (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- of ginger root (optional)
- lemon juice (optional)
Make 2 servings
 Edit Step
Edit Classic Mango Lassi
- Scale the mangoes if you don't use mango pulp. Rinse 2 to 3 mangoes that are mature and a little soft to the touch. Use a small knife or vegetable peeler to cut the thin mango scale. Then cut the meat from the mango and throw the pit in the middle. 
- Since you mix mango, you do not need to chop it into pieces.
- Put mango, yogurt, milk and ice cubes in a mixer. Place the mango meat or pulp in a blender and pour into milk. Add 1 cup (245 g) of plain yogurt (fresh curd) and 4 to 5 ice cubes. 
- For the sharpest taste, use full or Greek yogurt. For a lower calorie lassi, use non-fat yogurt.
- To get a slightly flavorful taste, use buttermilk instead of milk.
Mix the mixture for 30 to 60 seconds. Put the lid on the mixer and poke the ingredients until the ice cubes are mixed. The mango mixture should be completely even. If any of the lassina is stuck on the side of the aperture, stop and scrape down the sides before stopping. 
- Taste the lassi mixture. Remove the lid from the mixer and taste a bit of mango lassi. If the mangoes were very sweet, you might not need to add any sugar. If you think lassi should be sweeter, add 1 teaspoon (4 g) of sugar and put the lid back on. Pulse lassi for another 2 to 3 seconds to incorporate the sugar. 
- For a natural sweetener, substitute honey or agave syrup for the granulate sugar.
- Serve mango lassi immediately for best structure. Pour lassi into 2 glasses and garnish the drinks with slices of fresh mango. If you want to drink to be even colder, add some ice cubes to each glass.
- If you want to cool the remaining lassi, transfer it to an airtight container and store it for up to 1 day. You have to touch it before drinking it as it will separate as it is stored.
Editing Trying Variations
- Use vegan ingredients to replace the dairy in lassi. If you want to cut dairy products, use a herbal yoghurt, such as soy yoghurt, and replace the milk with a herbal milk. 
- You can use vegan ingredients that have a vanilla flavor. Keep in mind that some of these have added sweeteners, so you don't have to add sugar to your mango lassi.
- Mix fresh strawberries in lassi. To create an extra fruity strawberry mango lassi, add 1/2 cup (75 g) of fresh or frozen strawberries to the ingredients in the mixer. Mix lassi until strawberries and mango pieces are smooth. 
- Add a handful of your favorite fruit instead of strawberries. Use for example blueberries, peaches or bananas.
- Create a golden mango lassi with turmeric and ginger. If you try to include more turmeric in your diet, add 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric to the lassi ingredients in the mixer. Then shake off the ginger root and add it with lemon juice. Mix mango lassi so that turmeric and ginger are incorporated. 
- This mango lassi has a bright, fresh flavor that contains ingredients commonly used to enhance the immune system.
- Add spices to mango lassi. If you want a taste experience, add up to 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of your favorite spices, such as cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, saffron or lemon peel. You can also combine some of these spices to create a special blend. 
- For example, add 1/8 teaspoon (0.2 g) of ground cardamom and 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) of ground cinnamon to mango lassis.
- To make mango lassi popsicles, pour lassi in freezer molds and freeze them until they are quite difficult.
Edit Things you need
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Knife and cutting board
- Serving of glass
Edit Short summary