Looking for a sweet candy gift to share with a friend during the holidays? Want to make a gourmet look that is easy to make? A batch of Eggnog truffles will impress your friends while they are very easy to prepare.
Makes: 12 sweets
[ Edit ] Ingredients
- 16 grams of white chocolate, split, baked chocolate suggested
- 4 ounces (114 grams) grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (920 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.75 grams) nutmeg
Edit ] Step
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, nutmeg and rum extract to a mixing bowl. Mix the cream cheese mixture with a cooking spoon.
- Add 8 ounces of white chocolate to a microwave safe mixing bowl. Open the microwave door and place a microwave safe mixing bowl in the microwave. Close the microwave door. Continue to cook white chocolate on high (100% power), for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until chocolate is even. Use a tablespoon to mix the white chocolate.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until it is even with a cooking spoon. Cover the mixing bowl with food-safe plastic wrap. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the candy mixture to cool for about 2 hours. The mixture will be slightly solid when ready to make the truffles.
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper. To do this, pull out waxed paper from the waxed paper box until the waxed paper is the format you need to knit the baking sheet. Peel off the waxed paper and place it on the baking sheet.
- Put remaining white chocolate] in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave. Close the microwave door and set the microwave oven to a high (100%) setting. Melt remaining chocolate with the high setting (100%), stir chocolate once or twice during cooking. Cook until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir the chocolate with a cooking spoon.
- Remove the bowl of melted chocolate from the microwave. Place the mixing bowl on a clean kitchen counter. Remove the cream cheese and chocolate mixture from the fridge and roll the candy mixture into one inch balls with your impeccably clean hands.
- Dip the one-inch balls into the melted chocolate. You can use a fork or candy scoop to dip the candy balls into the melted chocolate. Place an inch of candy ball on the fork or candy scoop and dip the candy in the melted chocolate. Be sure to cover the candy in a thin layer of melted chocolate. Place the dipped candies on waxed paper lined baking sheets.
- Let the candies set (the candy shell hardens) before placing it on a beautiful dish. You can also place the candies in miniature muffin paper liners and add edible gift boxes to share with friends.
[ Edit ] Things You Need
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Oven
- 19659006] Baking Sheets
- Waxed Paper
- Fork or Candy Scoop
Edit ] References
- http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/2014/12 / eggnog-truffles / – research source