It is frustrating to wash your clothes, dry them and find that they smell. For clothes that keep fresh smelling even days after you wash them, make some simple changes to the washing routine. Start by removing the odor from your clothes and dry them immediately after washing so that they do not get a moldy odor. Improve ventilation in the wardrobe and place odor-absorbing items in your desks, suitcase or wardrobe.
[ Edit ] Step
[ Edit ] Scenting Your Clothes
- Add 5 drops of essential oil to a cloth and add your dryer . Take a clean cloth or cloth and add about 5 drops of essential oil to it. Then place the cloth in your dryer along with a variety of clean, wet clothes and run a drying cycle. The essential oil adds a very light scent to the clothes. 
- Test your favorite essential oil, such as lavender, orange, rosemary or geranium.
- Tuck scented wipes in your suitcase or office drawer. Whether you store clothes for a few days or for a whole season, you can add a new cloth to keep them fresh. Store the wiper sheet with the clothes until you can no longer smell it and then replace it. 
- If you do not want to use a dryer, wrap a dry body of scented soap in tissue and place it in your wardrobe or suitcase.
- Spray cotton balls with perfume and place them in your wardrobe or box. Spritz some large cotton balls with your favorite perfume or place about 5 drops of essential oil on each cotton ball. Put them in a bowl and place them in your wardrobe or spread the cotton balls in your desks. 
- You can also place these in your suitcase if you pack your clothes
- Put a potpourri or lavender bag in your boxes or suitcase. If you store your clothes in a chest of drawers or pack them for a trip, place a small linen bag filled with dried lavender or your favorite potpourri to give a light scent. To add a light scent to your wardrobe, hang the bag on a hanger. 
- You can also place cedar shavings or mothballs in the bag to protect your clothes from moth damage. Buy fragrant mothballs to cover their unpleasant odor.
- Spritz linen spray over clothes to update them. Fill a clean spray bottle with water, rub alcohol and an essential oil to make your own linen spray. Screw on the lid and shake the mixture before lightly spraying it over your clothes. For a fresh scent, use one of these essential oils: 
- Fir or cypress
[ Edit ] Absorbing Musty Luks
- Spray vinegar or vodka on your clothes to neutralize odor. Remove odor by filling a spray bottle with white vinegar or cheap vodka. Then spritz clothes that need deodorizing. When vinegar or vodka dries, it will remove odor and dry odor-free. 
- Place a bowl of dried coffee powder in your wardrobe to absorb scents. Coffee is known for its ability to neutralize odors and strong odors. Take a batch of brewed coffee grounds and spread them on a baking tray. Let them dry completely and then place them in a bowl. Put the bowl somewhere in your wardrobe so that it can pick up any remaining scents. 
- You can also place whole or freshly ground coffee beans in the wardrobe to absorb odor.
- If you would like to use coffee pits in your offices, fill a linen bag with the dried ground. Then place the bag in your chest of drawers.
- Use cedar throughout the wardrobe to absorb moisture and odor. Buy cedar hangers, cedar cleats or bags filled with cedar shavings and place them in your wardrobe. Cedar naturally rejects mold and absorbs moisture from humid spaces. 
- You can also place a bowl full of cedar chips in your wardrobe.
- Put an open box of baking soda in the closet to pick up odors. Baking powder is a natural odor absorber so open a new box of baking powder and place it on the top shelf or floor of your wardrobe. If the carpet in your wardrobe is smelly, sprinkle with baking soda on the carpet and let it sit for up to 24 hours before vacuuming it. 
- Replace the box with baking powder every 1 to 2 months.
[ Edit ] Destroys and prevents odor
- Wash muggy or moldy clothing with vinegar to remove odor. Run a regular wash cycle with white vinegar instead of detergent. Use the hottest water you can with your specific clothes. Then run another cycle with detergent and 1 cup (180 g) of baking soda. 
- Vinegar and baking powder kill different forms of mold, so it is important to use both.
- Immediately transfer wet clothes to the dryer to prevent mold odor. If you leave wet clothes in your machine for a few hours, mold can start to grow. This makes your clothes and the machine start to smell like mold. Instead, put the wet clothes in the dryer as soon as the machine stops. 
- If you forget your clothes in the machine and they sat for more than 4 hours, wash them again with vinegar and warm water to remove the smell.
- Hang dried clothes for a natural fresh scent. One of the easiest ways to make your clothes smell fresh is also one of the cheapest. Instead of throwing the clothes in the dryer with cloths, hang the clothes outside on a clothesline. The fresh air will dry the clothes and the sunlight can even disinfect them. 
- Although it may take longer for clothes to dry, you can hang dry clothes in winter or on cloudy days.
- Open your wardrobe door to get air circulating between your clothes. If your wardrobe is in a room with high humidity, keeping the door closed may catch and create an unpleasant odor. Try to keep your wardrobe door open during the day or overnight to encourage air circulation. 
- If you pack clothes in a suitcase or have clothes stored in bureaus, place a few silica packages with the clothes to absorb moisture. You can buy silica packages online.
[ Edit ] Tips
- Never throw wet towels or clothes on the ground in your room or closet. These can cause mold to grow on your mat.
[ Edit ] Warnings
- Limit or avoid using scented laundry products to protect your indoor air quality, as fragrance products have been linked to indoor air pollutants. 
[ Edit ] References
- ↑ https://youtu.be/qB1LxnN31Qg?t=97  ↑ https://youtu.be/_cytVpbupFk?t=309
- ↑ http://www.visiontimes.com/2016/06/20/8-other-ways-you-can-use- perfume.html
- ↑ https://youtu.be/0DGf_v73CQs?t=66
- ↑ https://www.womansday.com/home/organizing-cleaning/ how / a4129 / make-your-own-linen-spray-85519 /
- ↑ https://youtu.be/5EwZMAnPIgM?t=243
- [1945 https://www.foodandwine.com/blogger / overpower-odors-using-coffee-Ground
- [1945 http://www.softschools.com/facts/plants/cedar_facts/1280/
- [1945 https://yo utu.be / fw5lqvdhtG4? t = 92 ?? 19659070vard ↑ https://youtu.be/frIqTMq4BGM?t=59
- ↑ https://youtu.be/ZuzdVip0Rnc?t=24  ↑ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9 921089
- ↑ https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/sc-home-0116-stink- 20120118-story.html
- ↑ https://www.ncbi.nlm. nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018511/