ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors is the free open source office suite distributed under GNU AGPL v3.0. It consists of editors for text documents, spreadsheets and presentations that work offline.
- The latest update (v.5.4.1) provided several improvements, for example:
- more customization options for charts in all editors;
- watermarks and printing areas in the document editor;
- spellcheck and new formula and data tabs in spreadsheets;
- new group / Ungroup functions on the Data tab;
- Headings and footers in spreadsheets and presentations;
- improved color schemes, image numbers, insert date and time on images, print areas in presentation editor.
In this tutorial we will teach you how to easily install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors on several Linux distributions including Ubuntu from Flatpak.
I If you prefer to install / update the suite as a DEB, snap or AppImage package, see this tutorial.
Step 1: Install Flatpak
Some Linux distros include Flatpak by default. If not, install Flatpak on your machine according to the instructions on the official Flatpak website.
For Ubuntu 18.10 and 19.04, run:
$ sudo apt install flatpak
Step 2: Install Desktop Editors from Flatpak
Install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from Flathub with the INSTALL button or run the following command:  flatpak install flathub org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
- ONLYOFFICE desktop suite on Flathub
- Desktop Editors repositories on GitHub