This guide shows you how to remove the background from all photos – almost instantly and without hassle.
Using a cool service called Trace you can upload a photo, get the background automatically removed and then download the new photo with a transparent background. In addition to doing a fantastic job of removing the background, Trace is free. There is no "pro" version where you have to pay for specific features – it is completely free and you can use it to remove the background from an unlimited number of images. How –
- Go to the Trace site and sign up for an account. Again, it's free, there are no "catches" ̵
- Select your photo and click Open to upload it.
- Please wait a moment while the file is uploaded …
- … and Trace will automatically remove the background. When done, click the Download button to save a copy of the edited photo.
- You can also use Trace to add a new background – click the Colors link just below the image and you will be presented with the option to add a solid color as the background to your photo.
- Clicking the Images link below your photo allows you to add a photo background to your image. Select one of the thumbnails to preview your image with a different background.
- Anytime you can click the Download button to save your newly edited image.
- Repeat if necessary! 🙂
ps. The gentleman in the photo I have used as an example in this guide is the extraordinary Terence Higgins