This quick guide shows you how to figure out if you are using 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
Windows 7 Instructions
Windows 10 Instructions
Determine 32 or 64-bit Windows 7
- Click on Windows 7 Start button and select Control Panel
- Select System & Security from the list of settings.
- In the section System select View the amount of RAM and processor speed
- Scroll down to the category System and find System type: row ̵
Determine 32 or 64 bit Windows 10
- Click the Windows 10 "Start" button and select Settings
- Select System from the list of settings.
- From the column on the left side of the window, select the option About .
- Scroll down until you reach the Device Specifications list. Find the System Type line and you will be notified if you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- That's it, now you know!