Cement used to be one of the scary media used only for sidewalks and garage floors. No longer! Today, people use cement for all types of projects. I'm a particular fan of these custom letters! Follow this simple tutorial by The Inventor Channel
Electric Hot Glue Gun Silicone Gun Pistol
Mixing Containers ➥
spray paint jars ➥
Cardboard book molds
Quick dry cement
knife & band
Teacher! Did you use this instructively in your classroom?
Add a teacher note to share how you integrated it into your lesson.
Step 2: Create a template
- makes a template with glue gun toll and ribbon
Step 3: Rough line bottom of letter with wax paper
- gives it a nice structure and also slows the dry time so you have more time to level up the top.
Step 4: Mix Concrete and Fill Templates
- Make sure you have your PPE (personal protective equipment on) before you start handling the concrete mix.
- Add some mixing spoons and add a small amount of water to your mixing container.
- Adding more water weakens the concrete somewhat. In total, you have to mix for 2-3 minutes to make sure everything is integrated.
- fill the letters to overflowing. Then use a trowel and smooth the top. If you do not have one then just use a knife or other tool to level out.
- Place wax paper on top and allow the cement to dry.
Step 5: Scale of cardboard and wax paper
- put some water in the cement molds
Step 6: Paint (optional)
- To do this, put on a glove (so you don't spray your fingers) and hold on to the top of the letter and spray the shapes with your spray paint of your choice.
Step 7: Enjoy !!
YOUTUBE (all our DIY videos)
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting us!
Make It Fly Challenge
Growing Beyond Earth Maker Contest
Indoor Lighting Contest