Birkenstocks is a trendy yet classic sandal. Although it is durable shoes with a strong sole, the footbeds are notorious for their tendency to become dirty and smelly, with well-worn pairs that often have a cruel impression of the sole of the wearer. It is easy to avoid stains in your Birkenstock footbeds, and there are a number of steps you can take to remove dirt, dirt and odor to get your sandals back in shape.
[ Edit ] Step
[ Edit ] Cleaning the footbed with baking soda
- Combine baking powder and water into a smooth paste. If you mix 2 tablespoons of water with a tablespoon of baking powder, you create a smooth paste. To remove heavy stains, spread the mixture on the footbed and then gently scrub it with a soft brush. 
- An old toothbrush works well as a soft and gentle alternative to a real suede brush.
- Let the cleaning solution work overnight. For tough, persistent stains, it may be good to leave a small amount of baking soda and water paste sitting in the foot bed overnight. Rinse the footbed when you wake up and dry it completely with a soft cloth before letting it dry. 
- Dry the Birkenstocks in a cool place. It is important to keep them away from direct sunlight at all times, given that high heat can cause damage to the cork sole, footbed and straps. Allow the shoes to dry for 24 hours after cleaning to avoid the risk of dry rot or cracking. 
- Sprinkle baking powder to remove the smell. If there is a lingering odor from your Birkenstocks, sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the footbed and leave it for several hours or overnight. 
- Finish by wiping off excess baking powder with a soft cloth.
- The absorbent powder draws bad odor out of the sole, as does any remaining dirt and grime.
- 19659017] [ Edit ] Using soap to clean small stains
- Combine a mild soap with water. If there are only a handful of small stains on the footbed, they can be removed with the soap and water combination 
- A good choice for mild soap would be dish soap, which is gentle enough to use on food surfaces.
- Carefully brush the footbed. Use a soft brush or cloth to remove the stains. Use the soap and water again wherever there are stains and gently wash them away. If stains remain, they may be too harsh for soap. 
- Dry the Birkenstock in a cool place. You will be able to dry them overnight as long as the footbeds do not appear to be soaking. It is important to avoid leaving water in the footbed overnight. 
[ Edit ] Prevent dirty footbeds
- Brush the footbed out regularly. By using a soft brush or slightly damp cloth to remove debris, you can avoid dirty footbeds. By doing this once in a few weeks the footbed will get dirty single prints and foam marks. 
- Dirt and grass are especially likely to color and discolour the footbed.
- Remove clay quickly. If an unexpected rain leads to clay in the footbeds, be sure to wipe them off with a damp cloth before removing them for the night. Allowing them to dry overnight is enough for easy cleaning. 
- Store the sandals in a cool, dry place. Keeping Birkenstocks away from extreme heat and direct sunlight will not only protect the shoes from falling apart, it will help prevent the growth of bacteria that make them smell. 
[ Edit ] References
- [1945 https://www.whowhatwear.com/how-to-clean- birkenstocks
- ↑ https://www.whowhatwear.com / how-to-clean-birkenstocks
- ↑ https://www.birkenstock.com/us/us-service-caretips. html
- [1945 http://www.howtocleanstuff.net / how-to-clean-leather-shoes /
- ↑ http://www.birkenstock.ca/care-tips-birkenstock -shoes-laval.php
- ↑ http: // www.birkenstock.ca/care-tips-birkenstock-shoes-laval.phpebrit19659043vard↑ http://www.birkenstock.ca/care- tips-birkenstock-shoes-laval.php
- [1945 https://footwearnews.com/2019/focus/shoes/birkenstock-cleaning-care-1202792798/
- [1945 https: // f ootwearnews.com/2019/focus/shoes/birkenstock-cleaning-care-1202792798/vud19659046vard↑ http://www.birkenstock.ca/care-tips-birken stock-shoes-laval.php
- Combine a mild soap with water. If there are only a handful of small stains on the footbed, they can be removed with the soap and water combination