Are you planning a long trip with many stops? This wikiHow will teach you how to add multiple destinations to Google Maps in the mobile app and your computer. You can create a map with multiple destinations for drives, walks and bike rides.
[[[[Edit]Use the mobile app
- Open Google Maps. This app icon looks like a multicolored map pin that you find on one of your home screens, in the applause or by searching.
- Tap. You will see the blue directions button in the lower right corner of the screen and enter the directions mode, asking you for a starting point and destination.
- The process of adding multiple destinations is the same for both iOS and Android.
- Enter your starting point. By default, Maps uses your device’s current location. You can enter any place by tapping the text field “Your place” and then enter a custom one.
- Click “Select on map” to place a pin on the map you want to use as a starting point. Drag and zoom the map under the pin to place it.
- Click “Select Destination” and enter your first destination. You can enter the address, search for a company or place, or tap “Select on the map.” If you press “Select on map”, you can pan and zoom the map to place a pin for your destination.
- Make sure you have chosen driving, cycling or walking. Several destinations are not supported for transit or rides.
- Press the (Android) or (iOS) button. This three-point button appears after you enter your starting point and destination, a route is shown on the map, but before you press Start.
- Tap. This will add a new line below your first destination.
- If you do not see this option, your device may be too old to support the feature.
- Enter to the other destination. You can search for a place or address or press “Select on map” to place a pin.
- Keep adding more stops (if needed). You can add up to nine destinations. Each time you add a destination, a new “Add stop” line appears below until the limit is reached.
- To arrange your stops, you can drag and drop the two-line placeholder icons that appear to the right of the stop address.
- Tap. You will see the blue text to the right of the estimated travel time under the list of stops you have added.
- Tap. You see this at the bottom of the screen and start navigating.
[[[[Edit]Use the Google Maps website
- Go to https://www.google.com/maps on your computer. On the Google Maps website, you can create maps with up to nine additional destinations.
- Click the Directions button to the right of the search box. This opens the sidebar and allows you to enter a starting point and your first destination.
- Choose your mode of transport. Use the buttons at the top of the sidebar to select how to travel. You can only set several destinations for driving, walking and cycling. You can not set multiple destinations for transit or flights.
- Enter your starting point. You can write an address, a company or a landmark or click on a place on the map. Click the “My Location” option at the top of the search results to use your computer’s current location. You may be prompted by your browser to let Google Maps see your location.
- You must enter a starting point before you can add more destinations.
- Enter your first destination. Click the “Select Destination” box, then enter a destination just as you started.
- Click if you have not already done so. If you started by selecting your destinations first (ie by clicking on a place on the map or searching for a destination when you first opened the map), click on the round “Directions” button and select a starting point. You must be in “Instructions” mode with both a start location and a destination before you can add multiple stops.
- Click the button below the destination. This adds a new destination line for your second destination.
- Make sure you have both a starting location and a destination set, or that “+” will not be displayed.
- If you do not see the “+” button, you may need to close “Route Options.” You can also choose the wrong travel method because airplanes and transit do not support multiple destinations.
- Add your second destination. After clicking the “+” button, enter your second destination as you did the first. You will see your route adjust so that you arrive at your second destination after reaching the first one.
- Repeat for additional destinations. You can continue adding destinations this way until you have completed your trip. You can only specify a single transport method for the entire trip.
- You can set up to ten locations in total, including your starting point. If your trip has more destinations, you may need to create more maps for your trip.
- Drag the dots next to each destination to arrange them. You can drag and drop the points next to each destination if you need to rebook your trip. The new route will be calculated automatically.
- Click on the route you want to use. If there are several possible routes for your trip, they will be listed below your destinations, along with the total travel time. Click on the route to view the directions.
- You cannot send a trip with multiple destinations to your mobile device, so this option will be grayed out.
- Click the “Print” button to send the map to your printer. You have two options: print with the map or just print text instructions.
- You can also click the Share button and send a link to the map to others via email.
- Add places to Google Maps
- Search for Google image
- Create a Google Earth building in SketchUp
- ↑ https://support.google.com/maps/answer/144339?hl=en&ref_topic=3292869&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=1
- ↑ https://support.google.com/maps/answer/144339?ctx=c2n_directions2&rd=1