This guide will take you step by step by adding your Google Calendar to Windows 10 so that it can be accessed directly from your "notification area" (formerly called the system tray).
You can also access it via the Calendar app if you want.
- Click the "Start" button in Windows 10 and select Settings
- Click Accounts
- From the left navigation pane, select E-mail & Accounts . Click the Add Account button on the panel on the right.
- Select Google
- Enter your Gmail address in the space provided, and then click the Next button.
- Now enter your Google password in the space and click the Next button again.
- You will be prompted to allow Windows to access your Google Account – click the Allow button.
- Finally, click the Ready button.
- Before we jump to the Google Calendar section, let's quickly make sure everything is configured as you want it. Back in the Windows 10 settings, select the newly created Gmail account, and then click the Manage button.
- Click on the link with the title Opens to sync your content
- From here you can choose which parts of your Google account you want to sync and include in Windows 10. You may not wants your Gmail downloaded to Microsoft Mail app – if so, switch Email to setting OFF . If you do not want your Google contacts to be synchronized with the Microsoft People app, switch to OFF . When you have made your selections, click the Done button.
- Now open the app Calendar from the Start menu.
- In the left panel of the app, expand the Gmail menu . Make sure your Google calendars are listed (and uncheck everything you don't want to see). You can turn off the Calendar app now.
- Click the time in your system tray – take it !!! A calendar with your Google Calendar events will be displayed.