This guide shows you how to automatically turn Dark Mode on and off at times you specify or that Dark Mode is automatically activated at night and then deactivated in the morning.
- Go to the Auto Night Mode download page and download the latest version. When finished, double-click the file to begin the installation. You will receive a warning message from Windows – if this happens, click the link More information .
- Now click on the Still Run button. Auto Night Mode is an open source app that is completely safe to install and use.
- In the last installation window, make sure that the box Launch Auto Dark Mode is selected and then click the Finish button.
- Auto Dark Mode opens. The first thing you need to do is check in the box Enable automatic theme shift .
- You can choose to have Windows and its apps either follow the theme settings (which is the default) or you can always let one of them stay in light or dark mode.
- Another feature is to have a different wallpaper for both light and dark mode. Click Configure Desktop Background .
- From here you can click on either Select file or use current background buttons for both Background for light theme and Dark theme background for to set the wallpapers you want to use.
- After setting the background images for both themes, click the Save button.
- Finally, enter the start times for both Light and Dark theme, or place a check in the box Use Location Service . When you're done, click the Apply button.
- Your computer now automatically switches between the light and dark theme based on your specified times!