Home / How To / Create a Bosque suit! (from Star Wars): 15 steps (with pictures)

Create a Bosque suit! (from Star Wars): 15 steps (with pictures)



Tools / Material:

-1/4 "Drill bit

-Borr

-Tv 1/4" bolts

-Tv 1/4 "nuts

-Clothing spray spray [19659002] -Ultra-cal 30 / fancy plaster

-Bixing buckets

-Mixing sticks

-1 "chip brushes

-Burlap

-Scissors

I started preparing the mask for shaping by drilling holes in the center of each eye and insert 2.5 inch long 1/4 inch bolts into them (this ends up being how I attach eye shapes to the finished shape). Then I sealed the clay by coating the mask with black spray paint (I usually use crystal clear, but I ran out and didn't have time to get more) and let it dry for 25 minutes. When it was dry, I built a WED clay wall that went down the middle of the mask and made sure the edge of it was completely flat against the sculpture and using sculpting tools to clean up the edge where I needed to. I used loop sculpture tools to carve out some rounded channels on one side of the clay wall that would become keys to help adjust the shape together when it was finished. Then I started with the plaster.

I started by mixing about half a quarter of the Ultra-cal 30 and gently brushing all the details on the first half of the mask and allowing it to dry. Then I added another plaster layer over half of the mask. While this was drying, I cut lots of rows of sackcloths that were 4 or 5 inches wide. Then I mixed a little under a quarter of the plaster and soaked the burlap strips in it before applying them to the mask. I covered the whole half with these patches of wet sacks with sackcloth. A few minutes later I mixed another half liter of plaster and brushed it over half of the mask that I formed. I continued brushing and smoothing out the last layer until it was dry, which made it as smooth as I could. Then I was ready to shape the other half.

First I took down the clay wall. Then I made 5 small clay wedges that I attached to the drywall. After that, I sealed the drywall with a generous amount of petroleum jelly to ensure that the two halves of mold would come loose later. Then I did exactly what I did on the front half of the mask, (add layers of plaster and burlap). When all the plaster work was done, I left the mold to sit for about an hour to make sure it was completely dry. I then took the halves apart by inserting screwdrivers into the clay in the clay wedges and kneading them until the halves fell apart.

I got the most out of the clay by pulling it out with my hands and using a popsicle stick to get out the smaller parts, before using some water and a chip brush to get the rest of the clay out.


Source link